A HAPPY GIRL...
For whatever reason, if I can get these things done Im a happy girl. Not in any particular order, but just daily. After I check these things off, I always feel invincible -- like the possibilities are endless, like I can really kick some ass. So I've decided to make my own daily checklist notepad. There is something about physically obliterating, I mean crossing things off, that gives me (personally) a sense of accomplishment. So, Im printing out enough of these to last me a while And leaving some room for improvements. Slow and steady wins the race.
HAPPY HABITS - GET IT DONE, BE HAPPY.
- take vitamins - I'm not sure how credible/helpful I think vitamins actually are, but old people should take their vitamins and it makes me feel good. flintstones count.
- get active. exercise for at least 30 mins. hula hoop, yoga, barre, elliptical...everything counts.
- devotional and scripture. study to show thyself approved.
- focus and connect with God. prayer and meditation to start the day.
- read to the children - connect with them on their level every day. you are a super mom.
- healthy, whole foods in. make a delicious smoothie or salad. rule the world.
- get close to your lover. hug hubs and kiss him on the lips for at least 5 slobbery seconds, multiple times if you are feeling frisky.
- remind yourself that you kick ass! read something motivational/inspirational. currently reading Jen Sincero's You are a Bad Ass..
- do, read, watch something funny - life is better when you are laughing. the bachelorette is hilarious. Also Odd Mom Out, thanks Tiff!
- encourage someone. email, text, phone call, post-it IG quote!
- unload dishwasher. it just makes life easier.
- 20 mins of laundry. and the bold and the beautiful— priorities.
- do or make something creative
So thats what works for me, in nutshell. I'm always interested in what other people do (because Im pretty nosy). I'm asking.
Also my television fast did not go as well as planned. I did however, realize there are only a few shows that I need to watch. like really need. And I cut out a lot of the fluff/fillers. I'm down to Game of Thrones (which is over until next season), Young and the Restless or The Bold and the Beautiful, (never both) which I will watch out of duty, tradition, and obligation until the day I die. And, whatever Lover and I watch in bed after the kids are asleep (old episodes of Seinfeld, The Bachelorette, Celebrity Family Feud...) Everything in moderation...
photo credit: Jenn Gietzen