EVERY GIRL'S WARDROBE ADDITIONS FOR SPRING
Now that I'm standing on the front porch of 40 (years old), I can say that I'm pretty clear on (the finality of) my body type and even my personal "style" (It took long enough), which I like to call "polished creative." My goal is always to look pulled together with basic pieces and add my own little signature flair. A pop of color, a fun puffer vest, an eye catching accessory or a 60's bold lip (can someone please send me the color palette from Hidden Figures) etc.. So with this in mind, its been pretty easy to (continue to) purge my closet (of things I never wear anymore) and make room for some new pieces.
As we head toward the warmer months, my wardrobe wishlist includes easy staple items that (no matter the current trend) can be worn forever, and always be "in style."
1. The Heavyweight Tee So a millennial friend of mine "hipped me" to the Everlane shop whose mission statement is: "Know your factories. Know your costs. Always ask Why." Super ethical and transparent. And super cute affordable basics like this heavy striped boat necked tee.
2. Jazz Original Suede This is totally a mens shoe, but I'm really into navy (and green) right now, and I see this shoe as being cute (and comfortable) enough to hang out in, but also hip enough to wear to my Dance Fit work out. Everyone in there thinks they are the next contestant on "So You Think You Can Dance" and these will help me to bring my "A game". Wanna battle?
3. Ann Mashburn Designer Tunic This crisp white tunic is a no brainer. Over leggings, skinny jeans, even sweats.
4. Flea Bag East- West Tote I spotted this brand on the playground a few months ago via a super cute leather bag on a fellow mum. After stalking her and researching online, this large canvas bag is the perfect attractive accessory to schlep all of the things, and the navy won't get nearly as dirty as a lighter colored bag.
5. Beaded Tassel Earrings I'm generally strictly studs or at least I never dangle, but I'm really digging this pop of color. Especially since it seems the "tassle trend" isn't going anywhere soon.
6. Weekender Oversized Chronos Watch A great looking time piece that won't break the bank. And lets not forget.. Timex takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.
7. Fritan Bootie A good little bootie (say that out loud:-) is a wardrobe staple and the cut outs give it an extra kick (pun intended) of style.
8. Boyfriend Chino Pant A clean and easy silhouette to be worn (cuffed or not) with any of the the above pieces or beyond. A good chino is forever.
That groundhog said we still have several weeks of winter ahead, but these 8 items have me thinking it might be time to add a few fun transition pieces to my wardrobe.